Sierra Electric Cooperative Energy Rebate Program
Sierra Electric Cooperative partners with Tri-State on an Energy Efficiency Products program and encourages co-op members to use electricity wisely. That’s why we offer cash incentives to consumers who make the decision to upgrade to more efficient appliances, like ENERGY STAR ® refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and dishwashers.
Ø Any member of Sierra Electric is eligible to participate.
Ø Rebate must be requested within 120 days of purchase.
Ø Installation will be verified at the residential or commercial property within Sierra Electric Cooperative service territory. Proof of purchase and installation is required.
Electric Water Heaters
· Electric Resistance Water Heater – 30 to 55 gallon only
$80/unit ($50 from SEC and $30 from Tri-State)
· Electric Resistance Water Heater with lifetime tank warranty – 30 to 55 gallon only
$100/unit ($50 from SEC and $50 from Tri-State)
· Heat Pump (ground source) powered or waste heat – any size
$150/unit for primary heating by direct exchange ground source or heat pump waste heat (desuperheater) ($50 from SEC and $100 from Tri-State), $25 additional incentive for lifetime tank warranty, any size
· Heat Pump (air source powered), 30 gallon minimum
Energy Star® Air Conditioners
· $100/unit split system Energy Star® rated air conditioners from 15 to 16 SEER
· $150/unit split system Energy Star® rated air conditioners over 16 SEER
Minimum Equipment size is 1 ton. A list of qualifying equipment is available at www.ceedirectory.org
Energy Star® Appliances
· $30/unit, full size refrigerators or freezers
· $60/unit additional for refrigerator/freezer recycling
· $40/unit for front load clothes washers
· $30/unit for top load clothes washers
· $30/unit for clothes dryer (electric only)
· $90/unit for hybrid heat pump clothes dryer (ventless)
· $20/unit for dishwashers
Appliances must be Energy Star® rated. A list of qualifying equipment is available at www.energystar.gov
Rebates are also available on:
Residential LED Lamps (program ends in 2019 - no 120 grace period for application after 12/26/19)
Residential and Commercial Electric Thermal Storage and Thermal Slab
Residential and Commercial Electric Heat Pump: Central Air Source
Residential and Commercial Electric Heat Pump: Central Ground Source
Commercial LED Pole Mounted Lighting
Commercial LED Refrigerated Freezer Case Lighting
Commercial Lighting Retrofit
New Commercial Construction LED Lighting
Pre-Authorized Commercial LED Lighting
Commercial Irrigation Motor Program
Commercial Variable Speed Drive Retrofit
For questions or for detailed specifications and incentives on the above items, please contact a customer service representative at 575-744-5231.